Thursday, May 2, 2019

Anti-White Ranter Feared Angry Black Women Label

Before Seyi Olaose '22 became the symbol of anti-white bigotry at Williams College she had a remarkable level of success in high school speech and debate. "I look forward to using my voice to educate the uneducated," she said, "at the National Speech and Debate Association national championship in Florida this month and at Williams College in the fall."


Oluseyi Olaose, teammate Esmeralda Reyes, and Coach DiCo
at the Long Island District tournament, where Oluseyi qualified
for the national championship and was named District
Student of the Year. (Achievement First Brooklyn High School)


This desire to educate the benighted denizens of Williams College may have been part of her motivation when the enraged Olaose exploded at white male student representatives at the April 9, 2019 College Council meeting, saying

"I WANTED SO BAD TO TELL HIM TO F*** YOURSELF. F*** YOURSELF. F***. ALL OF YA SHOULD ALL F*** YOURSELF.

I ran across a video of Seyi Olaose '22 where she repeats an award-winning speech which won her honors during her high school years. Significantly, she articulates many of the themes which appeared in her now famous, bigoted rant.

For example, she indicates she won a national level tournament with this speech at the University of Pennsylvania. She is good. Unlike her hate-filled tirade at Williams College, she uses humor to win over the audience even as she makes passive-aggressive comments.

Seyi Olaose '22 confronts white student representatives on
the Williams College Council on April 9, 2019.

In this video she explains her belief that conflict is good and that it creates solutions. She wants us to get used to the idea that confrontation is a good thing. A research study, she asserts, indicated that people who thought they were being assertive really weren't very assertive at all. I take this to mean that going over-the-top with your anger is a proper measure since it will make your comments more appropriately assertive.

Similar to her comments in the viral rant, Seyi says she feels less confident unless there is "critical mass" of blacks in the room. This video helps us understand why she seemed so preoccupied by the fact there were no black women at the College Council meeting.

Dear white people. I'm not calling you racist. I'm really not. What I'm saying is even though you may be my ally, when I walk into a room where I'm the only one who looks like me, it is my human instinct to get scared.

One of the funniest moments in the video is when she says her biggest fear is stereotype confirmation. She does not want to create the impression that she is just another angry black woman. Ouch! That observation didn't age well. Remember how she told off the white students who were the object of her ire:

Olaose: I have not f***ing eaten today! BECAUSE YA DUMB ASS N***ERS WANTA F***ING TALK! Inclusion. Inclusion. FUCK YOUR INCLUSION! (HITS TABLE) BECAUSE I’M F***ING EXCLUDED. How many people look like you in this f***ing room right now?! How many people?!

White student: One!

Olaose: What the…? ARE YOU BLIND, MY N***ER? WHAT DO YOU MEAN ONE?! YOU’RE A WHITE MAN! I can count f***ing how many? Literally this f***ing row. They look like you! Who is the black woman who look like me?


The one conclusion I feel absolutely sure about is the content of the bigoted rage Seyi Olaose '22 directed at white men at Williams College was the manifestation of a long-standing, well-nursed grudge. When she unloaded on those unsuspecting guys, it was a well-rehearsed and well-thought out performance.

John C. Drew, Ph.D. is an award-winning political scientist.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

i dislike you leave this brilliant woman alone.

Anonymous said...

seyi is not a CARE now activist this is fake news! get a life sir

John C. Drew, Ph.D. said...

I don't think she's brilliant at all. I think she probably has low self-esteem and what looks like an eating disorder. She looks anorexic to me in her high school photos. She appears to have gained a lot of weight over the last year. She said she went without food prior to the meeting. I'm not a doctor, but I suspect her rage has more to do with her health than her politics.

John C. Drew, Ph.D. said...

Really? She looks like one of those irresponsible kids who can't manage their own lives, but arrogantly think they should control yours.

John C. Drew, Ph.D. said...

Really? I saw the way Seyi mistreated white men at Williams College. If I was the president of the school she would be expelled by now. She strikes me as an unrepentant anti-white bigot. Has she even attempted a public apology yet?

Most Popular Posts