Friday, October 29, 2010

Be Seeing You at the Polls: A New Get Out the Vote Video - Inspired by The Prisoner

I've done another get out the vote video...this one using old footage from the famous cult classic television show, The Prisoner. For better or worse, I think Number Six's outspoken honesty, courage, and eventual success gave me a lot of hope as a child as a teenager and later as a young man.



One of the things that always thrilled me about the show's final episode is that Number Six is finally recognized as a role model and manages to pull off a tidy escape with his other "doubter" friends. I'm indebted to Patrick McGoohan, in part, for my outspokenness, my coolness, my villainous enunciation, and my fun with music.

John C. Drew, Ph.D. is an award-winning political scientist.

No comments:

Most Popular Posts