Monday, November 19, 2012

Remembering Good Gifts - Our Wedding Rings

Now that the election is over, I am turning my attention back to my business and my marriage. Tricia and I were willing to die to get out our story on young Obama's radicalism. Having potentially reduced Obama's mandate, we are turning our attention to rebuilding things at home. One of the things we like to do during the holidays is to review our scrapbook binder of previous Christmas cards and Christmas letters.

As we read through these letters we enjoy a fairly objective snapshot of our lives over time. It is one of the things that keeps us together as a married couple since we are developing a story of our lives together. I still remember that when we got married we exchanged wedding rings. Tricia's was considerably more expensive than mine. The pastor called them "good gifts."

They still are. Overtime, however, Tricia started to wear a simpler gold band, in part, because she was afraid of losing some of the diamonds in her setting and because the tines would catch on her dresses and sweaters.

I took sometime after the election to rub polish on my ring. It took a little work to get it shiny and new looking again. I am glad I did. I am proud to be married and I attribute a lot of my success to the connection the binds Tricia and me together. Below, here is a great graphic from Moissanite that details some of the history regarding wedding traditions including the one Tricia and I particated in - trading wedding rings.

A Brief History of Weddings | Moissanite.com
Presented By Moissanite.com visit moissanite.com

John C. Drew, Ph.D. is an award-winning political scientist.

No comments:

Most Popular Posts