Friday, January 21, 2011

Olbermann Gone from MSNBC - What a Relief!

I've followed Keith Olbermann's rants on Twitter and at MSNBC. I got into a fight with him, on-line, a week ago when I insisted he should have resigned for suggesting it was a good idea to "murder" Hillary Clinton at the height of the 2008 Presidential primary campaign. My best retort was to post, simply:

Please. :) I've been active in the Tea Party @KeithOlbermann since 2009. I'm completely unfamiliar with "grammar controls minds" ideology.

The fact that he engaged me, on-line, over the course of two days - January 9 & 10, 2011 - struck me as a sign that his priorities were misplaced and that, perhaps, he was ill. It is with some satisfaction that I can go into the weekend sure in the knowledge that his reign of terror at MSNBC is finally over.  I wanted to send him a "message" and got the following message: "You have been blocked from following this account at the request of the user."

Olbermann seemed strange to me in his Twitter responses. He held to the absurd idea that it was harder to get into Cornell University's Agriculture School - where he attended - than into the Arts and Sciences School - where I taught and where Ann Coulter attended Cornell University. As Ann Coulter points out:

The real Cornell, the School of Arts and Sciences (average SAT: 1,325; acceptance rate: 1 in 6 applicants), is the only Ivy League school at Cornell and the only one that grants a Bachelor of Arts degree.


Keith went to an affiliated state college at Cornell, the College of Agriculture and Life Sciences (average SAT: about that of pulling guards at the University of South Carolina; acceptance rate: 1 of every 1 applicants).

I guess his ratings have been hurting for a while and I wasn't the only one who really couldn't stand him and his odd, emotionally out of control anger.  See, Countdown ratings.

John C. Drew, Ph.D. is an award-winning political scientist.

No comments:

Most Popular Posts