Thursday, May 17, 2012

Dr. Drew Reports on New On-Line Resources for Veterans Seeking Home Loans

I just ran across a website, United States Military V.A. Loan that provides solid and reliable information regarding how veterans get governmental loan benefits.

I know a little about this topic. After leaving Williams College in 1989, I took a job as a loan officer for a thrift and loan in California which offered FHA loans to veterans. I was impressed with the low rates and good terms of these loans and thought I might have made a mistake not looking into a military career as a younger man.

In retrospect, I was not cut out for a military career. (I'm not so good at following orders that I disagree with...) Nevertheless, I'm glad to see our nation doing something extra to provide housing security for those who have sacrificed for our country. I'm proud, in fact, that condo we now live in was once the home of a retired U.S. Marine who had a FHA loan on the property.

The bottom lines is that MilitaryVALoan.com is an excellent website that provides information about mortgages and loans. I can report it does not offer loans or mortgages directly, or indirectly, through any representatives or agents. Even so, it is a customer friendly site for for veterans seeking useful information about their governmental loan benefits.

Of course, I always recommend looking at more than one source. Accordingly, you can also find useful information at USA.gov. In my grant writing intermediate workshop, I often direct people to this website since it is the official U.S. Government web portal for all government transactions, services, and information. I often refer my students to this website to learn more about the specific government benefits that they are eligible to apply for on their own - with or without the help of a grant writing consultant.  

John C. Drew, Ph.D. is an award-winning political scientist.

No comments:

Most Popular Posts